NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rob`s Obsy Build

red dwalf

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

hi all, i`ve been doing alittle more to the obsy build over the last few weeks as it`s been nice weather,

have purchased some new wheels for the roof which are 2" poly something or other, they take a fair bit of weight and the whole roof now runs a lot smoother than it used to with the old plastic wheels.

obsy-wheels_zpsa74708b2.jpg

track fitted to the wall top, this was the original ali trunking that the old wheels used to sit in but the new wheel are bigger and wouldn`t fit so i`ve turned the trucking over and they now act a guide rails for the wheels.

obsy-runners_zps7d9f8078.jpg

guttering and downpipe now fitted.

obsy-guttering_zps379c3bf6.jpg

shelving and a set of draws at the back of the warm room now fitted, helps keep things tidy. 

obsy-shelfs_zps625ef92e.jpg

thanks Matey, 

your barlow was put in the post this morning by the way, will need signing for when it arrives, have fun with it, it`s in mint condition.

cheers.

just a picture of the imaging setup on the new NEQ6 Pro mount now that everthing is finished, i`ve also upgraded the threaded rods on the pier plates to M12 instead of the M10 i had when using the HEQ5 Pro mount.

vugm.jpg

how much space would you say you have to work with around the scope? and is their anything you'd like to change or improve at this stage? also i wonder what you do for lighting of any?

Hi Rob, just about to go into the garage and cut my table. I like your dedication re cancer, check out my build on New Observatory in Norfolk UK, I am fighting the "Beast" at the moment. As Churchill sai "Never give up!"

Regards

Mike

One of those pier tables looks a good idea, i would stick velcro pads on the table and on the back of the units that sit on the table, save them getting dragged off when the mount turns ect, a swing dew control will do wonders for trailing stars....:)

NEVER GIVE UP MIKE !

all the best to you matey, i`ll check out your build.

have you got a link to it Mike, i`m struggling to find it,

One of those pier tables looks a good idea, i would stick velcro pads on the table and on the back of the units that sit on the table, save them getting dragged off when the mount turns ect, a swing dew control will do wonders for trailing stars.... :)

I now have some blue tack stuck to the back of the units which hold them onto the table very well and is very easy to move around if i have to,

works a treat

• 1 year later...

I can`t believe it`s 3 years since i started the obsy build already, time does fly.

it`s been a joy to use instead of having to set up each time i want to image and saves so much time, so thought i`d give the outside a lick of paint ready for this winter and today i`ve finally finished putting in a permanent power supply which consisted of 2.5 mm armoured cable buried about a spade depth across the lawn, took some wrestling with but it will be very nice not to keep plugging in the camping cable i was using every time i want to stargaze or process images, i`ve also bought a new scope and ccd camera and hoping to get some nice images this winter with the new kit, roll on winter.

post-3158-0-74199700-1445368340_thumb.jp

post-3158-0-62084600-1445368319_thumb.jp

post-3158-0-22439000-1445368303_thumb.jp

post-3158-0-98884700-1445368283_thumb.jp

post-3158-0-83376500-1445368264_thumb.jp

post-3158-0-87603400-1445368182_thumb.jp

Archived