Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun in Ha13/10/12 with new DMK41

KE400

Hey, do any of you experience overheating with the DMK41? I know the cameras warm up a bit in use, but man, mine is extremely hot, too hold to hold for more than a few seconds. I never let direct sunlight on it either. It just heats up after intermittent 1,000 frame captures. Is this normal? And again, its very, very hot. You would burn your fingers if you tried to squeeze it for more than few seconds.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Mine has only been used twice, for about an hour each. The first time I didn't notice that it had got warm at all, but outside temp was only 13C. It was on for about an hour tonight on test in my office and I was slightly surprised to notice it was warm, but nothing as warm as yours.

My office is about 20C and I would say it was around 30C. I haven't noticed my DMK21 getting warm at all, or my DFK31 forth at matter, so it looks like your 41 might have a problem. I would suspect if it is getting that hot it will also be introducing noise in to the picture.

Just discovered why its so hot. Although I have the camera and powermate covered up with a towel, the pst gold tube and black box are in direct sunlight and its conducting the heat it seems all the way to the powermayte and camera. Just took off the powermate and camera, and they both cooled quickly. I really need to get some kind of shield, or figure out away to keep sunlight of the scop itself.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the 41 Robin, it is rather strange that we get 2 from the same batch delivered and one having a problem.

I can't say I've noticed any problems with them heating up either thankfully. It is rather cold up north mind as you suggest :smiley:

Was this overexposure using an Ha filter (Ha is far too dim to ever get overexposure), if so, you could be one of the lucky few with the faulty batch of DMK41. This is a recognized fault, you need to submit your serial number to Imaging Source and if it is, they will send you a software update.

Alexandra

Sorted, see new post

Thanks

Archived