NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Does a method exist

johnb

Hi

I have a Cannon 450d with a T Ring and then I connect my Coma Corrector and that pushes into my focuser on the scope and it works just fine.

I have a SA100 filter which is 1and a half inch and I want to put that on the end of the coma correcter hope this makes sense, so need some sort of device that will screw onto the coma corrector and have an appropriate centre hole with the right thread.

Pic attached

Regards

John B

post-4419-0-71367600-1349909519_thumb.jp

I think the filter will need to go the T-ring end, if its placed on the Coma Corrector Focus tube end, it will restrict the image from the secondary to the camera...so a insert to fit it in the T-ring if such a things exists, placing it between the Coma Corrector and the T-ring will extend the distance above the 55mm required if its a Baader CC......

Edit....A bigger size filter will be better fitted in the focus tube end on the CC......

well the filter is a fixed size so there is nothing I can do about that so maybe a reducer of some type that screws into the t ring and reduces to a 1 and a half inch - somehow

John B

With my Baader CC it screws into the T-ring, but it has a 38mm thread inside so a 38mm filter will fit and not restrict the light going to the camera sensor.

Archived