NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Scopes & Skies - Well Done

GingerNut

Scopes & Skies have been getting some bad press lately, so I thought I would redress the balance with my recent experience.......

Phoned and ordered some bits from them, making sure they were in stock...............delivered within four days, as promised, well packed and excellent products :lol:

Yours Roy

Well, that's good, although they've basically only done what they're supposed to do. I personally would never use them again.

There are plenty other good astro retailers around like David Hinds and Ian King - I'd rather use them. I'm afraid one bad experience is enough to put me off for good.

I also had some problems a while ago with this firm.

I hope they have now sorted the proceedure for what happens when things are not in stock. I have put in a small "test" order to see what happens. I will let everyone know :lol:

John

I'm about to deal with Astro Engineering (AE) (part of the same group), for some parts for an item of AE equipment that I have.

Telescope House would only sell me the complete item, which is fair enough as they don't stock spares. I contacted AE and spoke to the 'head man', who was very helpful, and said there would not be a problem in supplying just the bits that I need.

I'm about to put this to the test today, and I'll let you know how it works out.

I would like to be able to 'post' a positive comment, along with Roy's, and add some credence to what Dave was told at Herstmonceaux.

As John said, they do have some interesting 'kit' at competitive prices, and it would nice to see them join the 'band' of reputable UK atro equipment retailers.

Dave

Archived