NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 & M45 and Moon's-up

fwm891

Lovely, I think your Pleiades are splendid - a few odd looking stars at the bottom if I were to be critical but the colour is great as is the detail in the dust. Moon is a bit of pest atm but it doesn't seem to have been a hindrance, and a lot of structure coming through on M33.

Thanks for the comments.

Should have added some details: M33 is 10x2 min subs ISO 800 @ f3.5 and cropped down from full frame with 200 mm lens. M45 is 18x2 min subs (as M33) the 'Moon's-up' animation is built from the full frames of M45.

Processing: AA5 and tweaked in PS SC3. Animation created from layers in PS SC3.

Wow. I had a look at M33 a week or so ago and commented "it's fairly faint at x13, needing aversion to see much of anything. ... Really hard to see any detail at all" so it's great to see it in this pic.

The pleiades I always like widefield and these pics are gorgeous.

And the moonwash animation shows just why I was struggling so much last time out! It's interesting to see it like that and see empirically what the effect is.

Thanks!

Thanks Kev.

M33 is getting higher and higher at the mo so a nice target. Once the obsy's finished (a while yet) I'd like to increase the image scale from a 200 mm lens to 1000 mm.

M45 should really be left for later in the year but its like a magnet every time is pops up above the horizon...

Archived