NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Condensation?

Dewing of the optics often happens when you bring the scope indoors. I leave mine capped and let the dew dissipate in it's own time. Don't be tempted to wipe the optics. Some folks feel leaving the optics uncapped while the dew clears is the way to go. Either way, let it go naturally and without wiping the lens / mirror.

When i have condensation i actually leave mine uncapped and stand the scope up for about 15 minutes to let it go away by itself. It's always better to keep the scope in a colder environment to discourage condensation; not that it will harm the optics at all.

Random, newbie question but how bad is it in the long run for condensation to be on the lens of the scope and should I clean it immediately afterwards?

Like the others have said, the condensation will not hurt lens or mirror surfaces but wiping them will as dust grains can end up scratching their surfaces.

Archived