Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observatory regulated power supply advise please

Rocketron

Hi all,

I have currently been using one of these http://www.caravanca...large-986-p.asp to power my NEQ6 mount and dew heaters in the Observatory.

Not too happy about the security of old 12v type car plug

Also I want to also run a CCD camera and Autoguider so thought I'd get a regulated power supply.

I am looking at one these http://www.maplin.co...power-units-231 , just not sure which one to go for 3A, 5A or 7A.

Any advice please, or maybe there is a better alternative you can recommend.

Thanks

Ron

Would I be correct in assuming that you run a 12v supply cable from the regulated power supply to a seperate box with the XLR Chassis Mounting Plug Connectors fixed,

Then use the male plugs on the end of your equipment leads to plug into the box mounted connectors.

Yes. PSU is in warm room and low voltage cable through ducting under the floor up to the pier where I have the distribution box. The input cable has an inline socket going into a chassis plug. Then equipment cable inline plugs go into chassis sockets on the box.

Go for the 7A one - its only 5A continuously rated - the others will soon be inadequate as you add bits and bobs, as we all do!

Just checked with my local store and they have only got one left, so have put my name on it and will collect on way home from work.

Cheers

Archived