Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to correct image

Hi

Can anyone please tell me what they would recommend to correct image when using my Skyliner 200P Dob.

I find it really confusing when looking at constellations & the Moon.

I do not use my scope for daytime viewing, if that helps.

A Newtonian is inverted top to bottom. It would be a bad idea to insert any kind of inverting optics because the degredation of the image quality would be considerable. To the best of my knowledge nobody does that. I think you'll just have to persuade your brain to accept it!!

Olly

What can help is to get a right-angle correct image finder. When using the finder, I switch between naked-eye and finder-scope views regularly, and a correct image finder makes that a lot easier. When looking through the scope, I am much more "decoupled" from the naked eye view. You simply get used to it with time.

i use a RACI finderscope, as for star hopping it is much easier when everything is the right way round. But at the eyepiece the field of view is so small that it really doesn't matter which way up things are.

It doesn't take long to get used to. With a bit of practice you will be able to do it standing or your head ... or you could practice standing on your head, then the inverted view isn't a problem :laugh:

Archived