Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My modded Heritage

barbusg60

I think it's finished for now and don't know if anything I've done will make much difference but I like modding things to improve/personalize them.

So far I have,

Mounted it on a Skywatcher AZ4.

Fitted a Telrad (much better than the original finder, even more so when I realized you looked from behind, not down into it!)

Flocked the main ota with Protostar flockboard and flocked the lightshield behind the secondary with self adhesive flocking from Wilkinsons.

Blackened the back/sides of the secondary & housing with blackboard paint.

I seem to have got the mirror's a bit grotty doing this so will probably give them a clean soon and that's probably about it for now, then start saving for a big Dob.

If there's anything else worth doing, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Rob.

post-22368-0-70849400-1347108426_thumb.j

post-22368-0-60652200-1347108456_thumb.j

post-22368-0-15227200-1347108511_thumb.j

I'm not sure if its done much really, I've not used it much so haven't really noticed a difference to tell the truth.

When I flocked it with the flockboard I was just short of enough to make a light shroud. I was going to try and make some sort of sliding thing that goes back inside the ota when you close it but as I didn't have enough I used it to make a dew shield instead.

I think a shroud of some description will be next.

Cheers,

Rob.

Archived