NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Pro GoTo mount hard to align Latitude

I live in Mid Sweden and my latitude is N 61° 18' 29.59". I am having big difficulties getting the latitude rods get me to N 61° it seems the rod is not long enough.

There must be others living in the norther part of the world with a NEQ6 mount. How do you successfully get the latitude on the mount to 61 or above ?

Hi Christian.

I live in Uppsala N59. I had the same problem and I made a fix for it. This is a known typical problem on Eq6 and Neq6 mounts at our latitudes. The problem is that the bolt is slipping and bending inside the mount, because it`s pushing against a 45 degre tilted surface at our latitudes!

I have made one extra "fix-device" in my milling machine, making the bolt pushing to a 90degree surface. it`s for NEQ6! I can send it over to you if you are interested. You also have to remove the 2 plastic plates with the latitude scale and NEQ6 logo, It`s not easy to remove them without damaging them. They are glued as :evil:..Then remove the bolt behind them and remove the tiltable base from the main body. Drill and tap two holes to M5 thread on the body. Then screw the fix to the holes! I will post a picture of the fix later this evening so you can see how I made the fix.

This fix will work from Lat N50 up to 70 degree.

Regards

Gunnar

Hi again Christian,

Also make sure that you have the longest of the latitude adjustment screws towards the polarscope, they are different in lenght! Unscrew them copletely and check this.

Here comes some pictures from my modd. First picture show the little steel insert at the bottom of the hole. I put it there to minimize wear. Last picture shows the screw in position, it will now push against a 90 degree surface. No more bent screws or screws slipping over the edge of the heel.

post-8202-0-86966700-1347129885_thumb.jp

post-8202-0-67719300-1347129917_thumb.jp

post-8202-0-50541800-1347129940_thumb.jp

post-8202-0-75345600-1347129959_thumb.jp

Hi again Christian,

Also make sure that you have the longest of the latitude adjustment screws towards the polarscope, they are different in lenght! Unscrew them copletely and check this.

Here comes some pictures from my modd. First picture show the little steel insert at the bottom of the hole. I put it there to minimize wear. Last picture shows the screw in position, it will now push against a 90 degree surface. No more bent screws or screws slipping over the edge of the heel.

Nice fix. This is something I had wondered about but never actually needed to do.

Archived