NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lunar; Night three, gripped !

cotterless45

Wowww !!! 4th clear night in a row in Middle earth. Very good to see so much detail in the waning Moon. It usually rises later and later, then sticks around in daylight.

First night; Mare Crisium; craters and dorsa.

Second night :Mare Fecundiatis , a complex of wrinkle ridges ( dorsa) and rills. Messier and Messier A, the elongated craters. Taruntius showed great detail.

Night three: Mare Serenetatis and the Apollo 17 landing site. Posidonius and A clear, the curved bright "bay" of Le Monnier , a super long Dorsa Smirnov and a small valley to the east of Mons Argaeus where the last Moon lander set down.

I used a 90mm Vixen with 10mm plossl and x2 Barlow with moon filter on an erecting diagonal, nice.

Ate loads of sherbert cruchy sweets and did some terrible drawings.

Hopefully a bit of the Southern Highlands tonight.

grab it while you can,

Nick.

I was looking forward to seeing the moon last night as well, but around midnight the cloud drew in and I had to give it up as a bad job. Instead I managed to get a distinctly average image of it this morning after everyone had left the house.

James

Sounds like you are having a ball Nick, wish I could see some pics.

Looks like a good night tonight as well, and maybe even for a few more days yet. I may try for a few pics myself if I can stay up late enough. I don'tI get quite get the views that you do though. :sad:

Sorry, no pics, just visually bad drawings;post-6974-0-41459500-1346890324_thumb.jppost-6974-0-10129900-1346890342_thumb.jp

Most bizarre night, house at the rear had a malfunctioning security light.They'd got out, unlike their light.Came down the garden path at quarter to midnight and the neighbour took 2 flash pictures of me; "Derbyshire man arrested for walking down garden".Thought my eyes had gone funny or a giant flare had landed.

Nick.

Archived