Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with a selestron 4se

Can anyone give me a bit of advice I hve a new scope, I say new, I got it just before Christmas last year but only got it out a few times, the other day I pressed the directional button marked planets to point at the moon, but it just pointed straight up, the moon was infact behind me, it did this a few times with other objects, I rang the company up, they told me to set my scope back to factory setting in the menue bar, but when i pressed menue, nothing comes up with factory settings, any advice on what to do.

Ronnie

Exactly what have you done before pressing a button to point at a planet - is there one called Planets on the handset.?

Basically have you set the mount up, entered the data for where you live, supplied the time etc and done the alignment successfully ?

All this is missing from the information you have supplied, and if you haven't done it the poor little computer is confused.

I assyume you mean Celestron 4SE.

You are not going to like this but you didn't enter the data correct, or posssibly in the correct order as the order of some is a bit odd, eg you enter Long then Lat if I recall and date could be 8/01/2012 for today - we tend to use 01/08/2012. What timezone was entered was DST on/off.

The reason I say it was wrong - it would operate correctly otherwise.

It really is that simple, and every time people say I did it correct.

Hi

What power source are you using? Celestron's seem to do strange things when the input voltage gets a bit low. My CPC did something very similar to yours with random slewing after alignment and it turned out to be a faulty lead acid battery within the power pack. I replaced it with a new battery from Maplins and my scope has been fine ever since

If you bought one of the Celestron power packs then they need to be charge up every month even when not in use.

Good luck and stick with it, it will be something simple I'm sure.

Stu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I managed to find it, after I pressed the correct key 0, it came up with Cycle Power, been checking it a few times but notr moved or changed text, is everything done as its supose to, do you think its gone back to factory settings or do I have to wait until something changes the text, I am using an adaptor with the correct valtage through the house supply

Archived