The Moon 30/08/2012 Plus My First Mosaic Attempt.

tich

Hi everyone

I just thought I'd post a few pictures of last nights moon I made up a mosaic after taking many video clips with my webcam plus I took a few with my DSLR attatched.

First the DSLR shots this first one is a stacked image but it didn't really bring up much detail.

IMG_2982.png

The next few are just single shots but I guess they didn't turn out to bad.

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

The last one was just taken with the DSLR & standard lens I guess it shows what difference in size attatching it to a scope does.

IMG_2987.jpg

Finally the mosaic, it's took me hours tonight stacking each image then piecing them together but on the plus side it's brought out a lot more detail & best of all it's complete.

Capture30_08_201223_33_40_stitch.png

Hope you like them......

Thanks, I used my Skywatcher 200P with my Canon 1000D DSLR attatched & for the mosaic picture I used my Philips SPC 880 webcam attatched to the same scope t& took 260 frames then each video clip was stacked with Registax. I did 107 videos in total!!! Ok a bit overkill but I wanted to make sure I captured it all. Then all the images I saved were stitched together using Microsoft ICE.

Thanks for your comments. I do prefer the mosaic myself too & yes it did take up my evening going through all the videos stacking & stitching the images together but the results are far more superior than the DSLR in my opinion so worth the effort.

Although I am pretty new to all this especially using a DSLR as it's all a bit alien to me but learning more each time.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had a mess around in Photoshop altering the colour levels & sharpening up the moon mosaic I did & this was the result.

My%20Moon%20Mosaic%20Stacked%20Photoshopped_zps553ab6d7.png

I'm quite impressed on the amount of extra detail I managed to achieve.

WOW!...... :shocked:

I'm just starting out in AP, and i'm thinking of doing a lunar mosaic soon (not sure if it's too early to try yet), but if i could get a final image even half as good as yours, i'd be over the moon!! :grin:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

D.C

Archived