Replacement 200p dob base

A friend of mine has managed to 'lose' the base of his dob at a dark site he has been using up on the hills by us and has asked me to help locate him a new one.

Basically he forgot to load if=t in his boot last week and when he realised and went back the next day it had gone.

Our local shop is closed for the weekend now so I was wondering if it was possible to buy a 200p bas on its own, and if so, does anyone know how much they cost?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

like james they tend to come as a package [unless you upgrade to eq mount the dob and scope tend to stay together ,you can make your own for about 30 quid and some time

heres a guide www.scopemaking.net/dobson/dobson.htm

Contact Optical Vision Ltd and they can order one in on the next shipment. Also worth trying Scope and Skies, as they take a lot of OVL's customer returns and random shipment bits sent by Synta. They had a lot of Dob OTAs at one point, because Synta forgot to ship bases, as a for instance.

Russell

Archived