Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First three messiers

lancerde

The last two nights have been very clear here. I found my first Messier objects with my Lightbridge. M13, M92 and M57. M13 was very nice using a Vixen 15mm NPL. With averted vision it very nice. M92 was a lot fainter and M57 was difficult to see in any detail but still very pleasing to have found it. I used my Panaview 32mm to locate them then switched to the NPLs for a closer look.

looking forward to the darker nights and driving to a dark location for better views.

I also found a grey patch in the milky way just below Cygnus but could not identify it.

These are my first real observations.

As soon as my diagonal turns up this week I'm going to have a look at Jupiter and Pleiades with the Opticstar AR80.

With Cygnus high in the sky there are a lot of good Messier targets to observe right now. M13 is one that you'll likely find yourself going back to again and again. M4 is a pretty easily found cluster in Scorpios and is well worth a look...it can be a touch challenging if the skies are not dark but your Lightbridge should make short work of the hunt.

Happy hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived