NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Summer Triangle and Milky Way.

Little experiment last night to see how far I could push the EQ3-2 for wide-field shots.

Went for 2 1/2 minutes and it was fine , which considering it was only plonked on the patio in the solar shooting position and not Polar Aligned ( merely a rough drift alignment on a sunspot last week).......... :grin:

7 x 150s + 7 x dark frames.

SummerTriangleP.png

Guess who shoots the Sun in Monochrome and wasn't paying attention...... :p

1000D + 18-55 kit lens @ 18mm + EQ3-2.

Little experiment last night to see how far I could push the EQ3-2 for wide-field shots.

Went for 2 1/2 minutes and it was fine , which considering it was only plonked on the patio in the solar shooting position and not Polar Aligned ( merely a rough drift alignment on a sunspot last week).......... :grin:

7 x 150s + 7 x dark frames.

Guess who shoots the Sun in Monochrome and wasn't paying attention...... :p

1000D + 18-55 kit lens @ 18mm + EQ3-2.

Very nice. Did you shoot in RAW perhaps? If so, the B/W color profile wouldn't prevent the color from being recorded in the RAW - you are still on time to pull it out.

Very nice. Did you shoot in RAW perhaps? If so, the B/W color profile wouldn't prevent the color from being recorded in the RAW - you are still on time to pull it out.

I never thought of that , thanks I'll give it a look.

Steve.

Impressed that you got a two and a half minute exposure with the EQ3-2, too. Is that the GOTO model or aftermarket motors?

James

It's just the basic model with self -fitted motors.

It was a very wide shot too , I wouldn't want to try 2 1/2 mins close-up ........... :p

Steve.

I've only dared to go as far as 60 second exposures with mine, again with the 18-55mm lens wide open. I want to have another go at the southern end of the Milky Way now my LP filter and step-down ring have arrived, so I'll see how I get on with that when we next have a clear night.

James

Archived