Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW 7ah Powertank and EQ5 - help please!

badgerchap

Does anyone know if the above is a suitable get up? How does the tank connect to the motor handset, being that it is a 6v input rather than the 12v supplied by the ciggarett-lighter-type fittings? Are there male-male cables supplied for use with the 3v, 6v and 9v sockets, or do these have to be bought seperately. Ditto for the 17ah tank, along with the question: "Being that I'm running at lower vltage and with no accessories (yet), is there any point going for the larger tank?"

Cheers as always guys...

After searching fairly fruitlessly, I am drawn to the idea that maybe for some reason the EQ5 (mine is driven but non-GOTO) and the Power Tanks are not compatible. If this is the case, does anyone have an alternative method of powering the wee beastie without a dependancy on the mains. Oh, and prefrably without spending 3 or 4 hundred quid!

You can build a 6V regulator IC into the standard 12V cigar plug/ cable, this gives a good 6V output from a 12V input....check Maplins.

I used one on the EQ5 - no issues, no problems.....just need to clearly mark the cable as being "6V Only"

I went for a 6v battery for my own EQ5 - cost about £5 and the same for a charger. The battery is 4Ah which should be ample for my needs. I did spend more by putting it all into a box with a switch and fuse etc but for a tenner.........? Especially when you consider that a set of "D" cells, that are what you are supposed to use, will set you back at least a fiver each time they run low.

post-4502-0-68269100-1345040261_thumb.jp

Archived