Going round in circles - 130p Heritage EPs

I know skies the limit advertise try before you buy on their website, if you cant make up your mind between 2 eyepieces for instance. I don't know if this is still the case, worth a look. Yes I just checked their site. Its called try and buy, it is explained on the right hand side of the eyepiece page of the sitewp3dc1e6e7.png

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my first decent scope in February ive just ordered an 8 and 18mm BST and a 32 Plossl from Skys The Limit. Ive spent a month backwards and forwards looking and reading reviews,I read the great piece on here by The Warthog i then emailed a gentleman called Robin Wilkey who wrote another great piece then emailed Alan At Skys The Limit. In the end i phoned Alan had a chat to him and what a decent gentleman he is and speaking to him i made my choice, as my scope is a 6 in f/5 a 5 mm eyepice will give me magnification of 150x which wil be the top end of my scopes capacity so a 130 will probably be less but give Alan a ring he will advise you and he doesnt try to sell you anything your not going to use.

Ultimately all you can do is but an eyepiece and hope it works.

Reading everything will just give a combination in equal amounts of recommending an eyepiece and not recommending the same one.

The 8mm and 18mm should be fine, with a barlow you could get 4mm and 9mm out of them. A 4mm may be usable.

Ultimately i like to use straight through eyepieces which are better but i can check with a barlow how low i can go i.e 8mm barlowed down to 4mm if that looks good i will get the 5mm BST thats as low as im going to go. I think i will be getting the full range.

Archived