Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Low cloud conspired against us at Loudenhill. Meet up with fellow CSOG'ers. Saw three or four really nice ones, camera shutter ( as per the norm ) was shut , lol. Only managed the one shot. Processed to hell and back because of LP glow.

post-855-0-02112700-1344774679_thumb.jpg

Nice one Herakles, i see you caught 2 in that shot, see what you mean about the processing, camera settings you used ? i found 18mm wide angle f3.5 iso 400 @ 14 sec gave best results.

I caught 4 deffinates & 4 maybe's as im pretty sure they are statalites <<< Del Boy :-)

Shot 353 good exp & stacking 285 acceptable ones using DSS on mosaic.

Always the way though eh first you see loads then when your already setup & waiting none appear :-( the waiting game.

Cheers Ewan, EOS 600D ( need update sig ) , 18-55 kit lens , 30 secs at ISO 3200, f3.5 ( wow, no wonder orange central ) . First time out with the 600D doing WF, settings are mince , lol. Time for a lens upgrade as well methinks. Oh, the larger trail is a sateliite btw.

With me being further north, its still a bit more lighter up here ( [removed word] , roll on Dark Season proper ). Looking forward to seeing the finished mosaic mate.

Clear Skies

Pete

Archived