First attempt at astrophotography! :)

All images taken with a point and shoot Fuji S8000FD on a table, no processing cos I don't know how lol

4 sec exposures at ISO 1600 on the sky pics cos that's the highest it goes. Moon was ISO 200 at something like 1/320

Please be gentle, first time ever!

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1098.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

Well you got them and that's the main goal. This is where it all starts and the more you practice and learn the better the images become.

If you are pleased, which I think you are because you posted them, then your enthusiasm will build.

I you get the chance buy Steve Richards book Making Every Photon Count, it's a great guide to deep sky astro-photography if you intend to explore further. Good luck.

Those look just like my first attempts :smiley:

Try dropping the ISO down to about 640 and a longer exposure from 10-30 seconds.

This will give you a cleaner looking image hopefully but just experiment with the settings and use the self timer settings if they are long enough??

Hi,

Just want to echo whats been said already, Steve Richards book is brilliant, also as has already been said as well play with settings, the universe isnt going anywhere so you got plenty of time to get better and eventually perfect results. Only thing I can add is have a look at some of the tutorials on stacking, then the more pics you take the bettter the end result.

Kev.

Hi Russ.

Hope you don't mind but i took one of your piccys and had a play with it and i think it's brought more detail out,so you have caught a few stars.

I'm sure more experienced at PP-ing could do better??

But still try dropping the ISO down as this is causing all the grainy effect.

post-23363-0-48553400-1344366335_thumb.j

Archived