Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Toucam LE delay in PHD - Arrrrrgggggghhh

jarbi

Hi Everyone,

I have still one annoying issue with my SC1 modded Toucam in PHD :x. When I try to use long exposure mode, I cannot find a reliable LE delay to avoid dropped/wrong frames during guiding. 1-2 times out of 10 frames it picks up a weird image. It is sometimes a mostly black image with a wide band on the top, or a grey "noise" image. This is throwing over my guiding completely :wink:.

I was trying to experiment with it through several evenings inside, and found one value giving a low rate for dropped frames, but going out another day it was completely useless outside after some minutes. Is it dependent on temperature ? Does anybody has experience with this ? I am completely out of ideas, and this is now the only unstable point of my guiding train. Your ideas would be very much appreciated.

cheers,

Janos

Jarbi

I didn't think you needed to use LX to guide Jarbi? I'm sure others guide with a web-cam just running on the USB??

Daz,

You are correct, in a great part of the cases I can guide using just the USB connection. But, to image objects with no near and bright enough guidestar is tricky without using the LX mode. This is what bugs me, hopefully somebody can point to the right direction :wink:.

cheers,

Janos

Archived