Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

tonights the night

Tonight I am going to take my first webcam image. I'm blumming tired (Sunday music festivals and real ale - you know how it is ) but i Will stay awake. At 55 deg north the moon will probably be too low , so will look for another target. open to suggestions :) I hope I can get a good polar allignment as it is still rather confusing. I hear its the most important issue when imaging objects. I do have a dual axis motor so hoping it will be ok.

Has anyone got any top tips for someone who is a complete beginner in webcam imaging? as I dont want it to be a disaster :)

many thanks

I wouldn't get too worried about perfect PA as your webcam shots will be only a couple of mins each and the stacking software can cope with a bit of movement frame to frame. PA should be good, but no need for perfect. Hope it goes well for you.

Archived