NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 first attempt

jezhughes

Hi!

This is m27 from my second ever AP session, i've still got a lot to learn and have yet to sort my filters out, so for now this is one with no LP filter :(

Let me know if i can improve anywhere, i guess its practice and patience. I have a lot of LP in my area so had to process that right out which really hurts the pink edges, but i'm relatively happy as a first attempt.

This is 6x 20s lights @ 3400iso and 2x darks. I was out for 6 hours as Saturday had much much less LP so my GOTO was on fire, i went in on about 10 different targets in the end. It was a really fun night. I've yet to do m57 but as with this, the red/yellow edge is going to processed out when i come to getting the LP down in the lights :( i still can't do much more than 20s at 3400iso without LP destroying things.

http://file.jezhugh.es/image/191T3r1a193g

Anyway, feedback away :Envy:

That's fantastic for your second ever DSO! You've got cracking star colours, even with high ISO, I guess this is due to the relatively short exposures. Star shapes are good and you even have some of the Ha starting to show up - so very well done!

The best improvement you can make is more subs - get as many as you can. You'll find much more detail comes out once the noise has been stacked out. Even the red Ha parts will start to stand out better from the LP following processing, because there will be less noise in that little part of the histogram.

Archived