Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 - Woes

So inspired by others I thought I would have a go at NGC7000, with the kit in my signature.

So this is 30 mins of 300 secs at ISO800 and I created two panes

So im not sure if I was spot on target but I guess if I'm doing a mosaic that does not matter two much as eventually if I'm careful I will get the complete area.

I was not sure how much of an overlap I needed, I processed each frame in DSS and then stiched with MS ICE but I think my overlap was to much, I assume as long as there are a couple of star patterns on each image then ICE will cope ?

Lastly were is the nebulosity, ok so only 30 mins but ive seen shorter wide-field shots just with a camera that have more nebulosity than I picked up.

Pointers appreciated and thanks for looking.

Regards

John B

post-4419-0-56677900-1343645998_thumb.jp

You are just on target but not in a particularly strong area of the nebula. The little cluster that you have captured in the centre is NGC6997.

There is some nebulosity there in your image but you just haven't captured a particularly dynamic section yet. See horrendously stretched version below:-

post-1029-0-69541300-1343649811_thumb.jp

Your result seems similar to my last attempt using a DSLR on this target. I always assumed that the my unmodded camera would simply be filtering out the Ha emissions, although you mentioned in your signature that your 450d is modded?

Dumb question, but are you sure you didnt have any cut-off filter affecting the red/Ha end of the spectrum at the time of exposure?

All the best,

Zak

Archived