NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew you mind, I think I'm going blind.

asteele3

This is deemed to be my last clear night for a week or so and I went out at 9:45 with the scope.

Part 1:

I polar aligned the scope very well, star alignment worked fantastic and everything was centre of the eyepiece, so part 1 was a great success.

Part 2:

The scope slewed to the moon and I had a look at the newly crowned quarter moon for the first time in my scope. I must saw it looked crisp and clear, the craters looked spectacular even in a 25mm eyepiece. A great way to start the nights astronomy. Part 2: Success.

Part 3:

Tried to take an image of alberio and I think I have at least 1 but I may be wrong. The colours looked great through the scope, impressive double star. Tried to image Arcturus but it looked like it was fuzzy. Started to go down hill from this point on!

Part 4:

Vega looked a bit fuzzy and not focused correctly so I focused as best as I could and I tracked to M57. Nothing appeared, not in eyepiece nor in the camera; even when I tried a 30 second exposure!

Part 5:

I should have seen it coming from the start. When I checked the front of the scope, it was completely covered in dew.

Now I guess I'll have to buy a dewshield!

Archived