NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 23rd July

swamp thing

Hi All

Clear skies at last. :hello2:

I am going to head down to a dark sky site (Bignor) tonight if anyone wants to join me?

Anyone needing directions send me a PM and I'll send them to you.

Not sure on a time yet but I'll probably aim to get there around 22:00. I'll post later if I change the time.

Okay! Let's have another go shall we :D

I'm heading down to the dak sky site (Bignor) again tonight, if anyone wants to join me?

Anyone needing directions send me a PM and I'll send them to you.

Im aiming to be there from around 22:00

I will be there this time, 100% no messing and no excuses grin.gif

Will see you up at the top.

:D lol! No worries buddy, was a good night but there was some air born moisture, not as bad as RC can get though.

hey how was last night? couldnt make unfortunately - did some observing from back garden - cut short after little one piped up crying around 1130 - at least got in around hour or so. Will join when more convenient - babies + astronomy not a good combo!

Another great night last night. It's amazing how much the sky has changed since the last times we were all out.

Only downside was I got a puncture on the way home. Oh! the joys of motoring. Still at least it was warm and not raining as I grovelled around changing it.

Not the best time to get a puncture after 2am, was it on the main road back or still near Bignor?

It was great to finally use the scope again, good seeing considering the high temps during the day. And no car headlights to deal with, just a wind-up torch from a group of lost ramblers :laugh:

Not the best time to get a puncture after 2am, was it on the main road back or still near Bignor?

Not far from there, at least I got a new Allen key for my troubles :D

Great time to find out all the spare wheel carrying kit is rusted fast under the van. Hmmm! Two hours of fun :)

Archived