Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticron imagic tga wp 10x50

Mr Moff

Hiya guys, I've just ordered a pair of imagic 10x50 bins. Hopefully they should be here Tuesday.

I was wondering if many on here use these and do they perform well for astronomy?

I found an open box pair for £99 which seemed a good price so I jumped in.

I have a pair of the Opticron SR 10x50 - very similar - yours would be more suited as they are waterproofed. The opticrons are light for 10x50 so nice to hold and are sharp, ideal for astro use and you have made a good choice - if it stays clear enough to use them !

this was a review from one of our members.Binocular Review - Opticron Imagic

andrew

I think you will be happy with them. Mine still get a fair bit of use and are very good all rounders.

A few weeks ago I tried some very exotic £800 a punt binos and they were better but for that kind of money you'd hope they were. Havent used much that really makes the imagix ones look bad, the £800 a pop ones showed a definite improvement but for £800 Id want cloud busting capability as well :)

i'm not expecting clear nights ever again. i expect that 1000 years from now, tony robinson and his beardy chums will be unearthing telescopes on digs in fields in wiltshire, and will have a big speculative conversations about what the people who made them might have used them for, and what they might have seen, before "the great clouding"...

Archived