Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looking for a definitive HEQ5/SynScan/Basic imaging manual...

Unfortunately I don't think there is a book that covers all those topics but all is not lost! There are many written and/or video tutorials on EQ mount alignment, DSLR and webcam imaging. You could start with the tutorial section of SGL - find it in Beginners Help on the front page. There are many others so Google and You tube are your friends.

Because the EQ goto mounts all work the same way the instruction booklets tend to be a bit generic. They usually explain polar alignment and how to put together and operate the scope at a basic level. From there onwards there's usually a rough guide to the menu system and what each option does - some go into more detail than others. I have found the Celestron manuals to offer a lot more detail than the Skywatcher ones.

Unfortunately they only cover the item in question (the mount) - stuff about scopes and cameras is only possible to describe in a very general way if at all. I would suggest that you go as far as you can with the manual and when you get stuck, ask a specific question on here.You'll get lots of replies cos most folks are happy to help :)

Archived