EQMOD problem

Help

Everything has been working ok until I switched on last Wednesday after 42 days of not observing.

I’m having problems with Cartes du Ciel, EQMOD and my Heq5.

When I un-park the scope and click on an object from Cartes du Ciel the EQMOD screen displays LIMIT and will not slew to the chosen object.

Using EQMOD I can manually move the scope clicking the N, E, S, W icons.

I’ve then tried to sync Cartes du Ciel after finding an object and then slew to another object but still nothing, just displaying LIMIT.

In frustration I unplugged the laptop and plugged in the old goto handset and everything works as normal.

So have I done something really silly?

Thanks guys for any help given for this problem.

I agree with Luke, in the mount limits area on the right hand side you will probably have the enable limits box ticked.

If that still doesn't help then I would try re-setting the mount park home position.

Disabling limits will certainly get the mount slewing again but if you really want to get to the bottom of things then you need to take a look at what limits you've currently got set. It could be that your park position lies below the currently defined horizon limit profile in which case you would ideally unpark to an above horizon position prior to issuing a goto or starting tracking.

Chris.

There are certainly no hardware encoders providing an absolute position but the mount firmware maintains ring counters for each axis. Controlling software such as EQMOD can treat these ring counter as relative position encoders. From an EQMOD perspective "resync encoders" is a function that allows the mounts ring counters to be preset to a value corresponding to a known, and reproducable, position.

Chris.

There are certainly no hardware encoders providing an absolute position but the mount firmware maintains ring counters for each axis. Controlling software such as EQMOD can treat these ring counter as relative position encoders. From an EQMOD perspective "resync encoders" is a function that allows the mounts ring counters to be preset to a value corresponding to a known, and reproducable, position.

Chris.

Yeah...... what he said, only I didn'tunderstand most of it.

suffice to say resyncing encoders, even on an HEQ5 used to fix a number of problems such as that explained by the op.

Even on my

Archived