Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ADM dual bar

ampleamp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I have mounted the SW GS Mount on the ADM dual bar, I have attached in the following way:

Right side - SW Startravel 80 attached to GS Mount with a converted 9x50 finderscope and a laser, ST80 has a Meade LPI attached. A DSLR can be attached to top of OTA.

Centre - RDF

Left side - SW ED 80 with a Coranado PST on top or a Celectron 6" SCT

All cables for cams go to the right side, none on the left side to enable changeover of OTAs. The GS Mount was a dream to use, solid and moved smoothly to bring the scope in line with the right OTAs. After seeing what it can do I would attach a larger OTA to the GS Mount without any worries :).

Jim

For those needing a more substantial device than Steve's SW guidescope mount there is a prodigious device made for guidescope mounting by Robin Cassady (Google his website.). Yves and I tried one and it could handle a 7 inch Mak in tandem with the ODK14. The whole thing didn't work but that's another story! The Cassady device was good. I'm thinking of slyly borrowing it for a project of mine, since Yves left it here!

Olly

• 6 months later...

Olly - did you manage to try out the device and if so was there any flexure?

I have the SW and with my 6Kg load I have flexure on the ED80 with Atik 314L+. I was thinking of upgrading to a tandem bar, saddles and the TGAD device. I've sent an email to get a quote on shipping.

I will also likely have the SW guidescope mount for sale in the near future along with a plate from FLO for attaching it to a Vixen Saddle.

Forgot all about this thread, have been using the guide mount now a few months and found that after awhile there was a certain amount of looseness about it. Took it off and checking it I found a number of the bolts had come loose, a bit of work with an allen key and all was okay. Just a word of caution I did not check the mount properly, it seemed okay, but over a period the bolts had worked loose. It's a good piece of kit and have the ST80 on it permanently :).

Jim

Archived