NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vixen Logo...

I'm in the process of trying to spruce up our old Vixen 80M, but it lost its logo stickers years ago (they got scruffy so it was decided to peel them off). But ever since the scope has looked anonymous, and it would be nice to restore it to its original appearance.

Does anybody have anything with the old Vixen logo on it (the one with italic writing inside an oval) who wouldn't mind scanning or photographing it for me to turn into an Illustrator file? That way I can get it cut into sticky vinyl at work and make up my own stickers.

Cheers all

That's the fella, thanks Steve. I'll have a go at tracing over it, but if anybody else has a higher-res copy, that too would be much appreciated.

A nice chap called Pete from Vixen UK has replied to my email and is sending me some current Vixen logos, which is very kind of him. If things get too busy, or if the vinyl cutter isn't available, I'll use them instead.

My Vixen ED102SS has that logo on it. I could take a digital photo of it and e.mail it to you if that would help. There would be some curvature due to the tube shape I guess. Let me know if that would be if any use.

If you manage to get the logo turned into a sticker, make one for my 80m, it suffers the same problem, and i totally agree about it looking anonymous

the vixen 80m is a really good little frac, my best lunar image`s have come from this cheeky little scope :grin:

John - if you wouldn't mind that would be much appreciated. I'm still learning Illustrator, but it would be good to have a project to work towards.

Jules - If anything comes of it, I'll make extras and let you know.

John - if you wouldn't mind that would be much appreciated. I'm still learning Illustrator, but it would be good to have a project to work towards.....

This is the best I could manage tonight:

post-118-0-53089100-1341868240_thumb.jpg

Archived