Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observing in Bournemouth

midjam

I have been thinking of taking my scope out for a ride in the Bournemouth area and wanted to know if anyone had some tips on the best places to go.

I was thinking maybe;

1. Hengistbury Head - bit of a long and uphill walk to the top of the hill but, figure it might be worth the effort.

2. Matchams Viewpoint - worried about this one though, if you put it into Google there are some very dodgy goings on there by the look of it.

3. New Forest - anyone know of good spots there.

After putting Matchams viewpoint into Google I'm a little worried about going to dark secluded places!! :)

Definitely best to observe in numbers when in a public place. Think safety first. A lot of these public car parks are known for other nocturnal activities that don't gel so well with astronomy. ;)

Definitely best to observe in numbers when in a public place. Think safety first. A lot of these public car parks are known for other nocturnal activities that don't gel so well with astronomy. ;)

Yeah have realised that :) I have now found a group in the new forest will go along to the next meeting weather permitting.

Archived