New 250pds arrived Today

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a pic of my new scope, and to say "I didnt think it was going to be that big" even though I knew th ephysical dimensions of it, its hard to imaging the scope in real life.

Couple of things I would like to mention are -transport box has had a rough ride, large holes in it on 3 of 4 sides, scope however is ok.

So after setting it up in the kitchen to start to check collimation, well As this is my first brand new scope I can only say I understand how so many people get dissapointed with views if they expect to see any sort of sharp detail when receiving a new scope, collimation couldnt have been further out if the mirror had been put in backwards. took ages to bring somewhere near. but I got there in the end. and hopefully will give it a go later on if mr cloud passes for half hour or more.

anyway heres a pic of me with my trusted Skywatcher Explorer 150p on EQ3-2 next to the new Explorer 250pds on NEQ6 (im the happy one in the middle)

post-11094-0-15768300-1340658307_thumb.j

Kev.

Wow! The 150P looks like a kiddie department store scope next to that beast.

I know what you mean, but Please please people Dont underestimate the 150p it is a great Scope, I'd never knock it and would definatly reccomend one to a newbie.

Kev.

Archived