Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bit of EP advice please

Hi all

I've recently bought a couple of Vixen NPLs to go with the supplied EPs that came with my scope. The 30mm is wonderful, large lens with great eye relief, love it! The 8mm on the other hand is much smaller with almost no eye relief and it's a lot less comfortable to view with. So, I'm thinking of getting a more intermediate EP, something like a 15mm. What I'd like to know is are there many differences between the 15mm NPL and maybe the 15mm BST Explorer? Both around the £30-50 range and I don't mind paying towards the top end of my budget so long as the EP is comfortable to use. Smaller eye relief (than the 30mm for example) isn't a problem because I don't wear my glasses for observing. Are the 15mm in either range much larger than the 8mm NPL? Better eye relief?

Thanks for any advice :)

Is use the 15mm NPL and absolutely love it, for higher magnification I just pop it into my Tal Barlow giving 7.5mm while still having decent eye relief. I haven't used the bst but plenty of ppl on the forum do and im sure someone can tell you more regarding the bst range

I believe you get better eye relief using a barlow with a 15mm than you would from the EP on its own. I don't pretend to understand how it works, but apparently it does. So not only do you get the magnification you are after, but better eye relief as well, can't be bad.

Archived