Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crescent+Bubble (saga continued)...

fwm891

I'm playing with the Crescent + Bubble neb combo: http://stargazerslou...nt-soap-bubble/ and included 1h 30m of OIII to the H-Alpha gathered a few nights ago.

More data in OIII definitely needed but its also telling me other things need just as much effort, like - star colours. I'm guessing that somewhere along the line I'll need to think about removing stars from the nebula images and replacing them with RGB layers later - Is this what others are doing or am I just trying to over complicate things?

Effort so far....

post-14748-0-78956200-1340188699_thumb.j

A more subtle approach to the data using Ha as the red channel, OIII as both green and blue channels.

Assembled in PS using adjustment layers to control each colour with curves and levels applied to each colour, with saturation/curves applied overall.

post-14748-0-45742700-1340278113_thumb.j

I prefer your more 'subtle approach' image but if you like the bolder colours of your first image, try making a duplicate layer in PhotoShop, Select Filter - Noise - Colour Noise and set the colour noise slider to 100%. This will give you 'whiter stars' but will also reduce the saturation of the nebula. Use the eraser tool to erase the nebula to restore the bottom layer in this section.

Archived