NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can't install old SXV-H9 on Windows 7 lappy

RikM

I just got a great deal on a Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 (2003 vintage!) but the driver disk isn't recognised and the driver download from SXCCD.com is for SXV-H9f. When I try to run that I get an error that wsc32.dll is missing. What is that and how do I reinstall it? Is it possible that this camera is just too old to run on Windows 7?

• 3 weeks later...

It's probably because the same happened to me three weeks ago! (Sorry, I've been working away so couldn't reply to your post earlier).

If Terry's sent you the same drivers he (re)wrote for my 'early version' SXV-H9 then the only thing that doesn't work is the set point cooling.

(I use Astroart and when I select 'display temp' in the camera control config it locks the program up).

Other than that it's a very, very good camera.

Have fun.

Tony

I think set point cooling was only introduced on the H9s a couple of years ago - but the noise is so low on the chip that you don't need darks and so it doesn't matter!

Helen

Yes, no set point cooling but compared to my DSLR it's virtually noise free and so much more sensitive :D

Give it a couple of months to get a filter wheel and filters sorted out and I am very much looking forward to autumn :)

• 6 years later...

I've just got hold of an old vintage SXV-H9 and my winXP lappy is seeing it as an "Echo" device and is refusing to see it as otherwise.

I've fired off an email to Terry using the link above, but if it's no longer valid, does anyone have any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I've not popped here for a while...

Terry was very quick to reply and offered all the help he could but no way would that XP laptop would cooperate. It wouldn't see the drivers that might work but let me use one that always resulted in a BSOD.

Terry even sent me a firmware update and that didn't help.

Deffo the computer as the camera is fine with the Win7 desktop.

I'm now looking for a second hand fair spec cheapish Win7 laptop on eBay ...

Archived