Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RA finderscope

ObscuredbyClouds

Is there an easy way around doing this as i need a FS for my scope. If so what bits do i need to knock one up, one of you guys must of built one up so a little help or links wouldnt go a miss pls.

Im taking itsnot as simple as bunging an RA onto one side of a pair of bins lol

There are other options to getting a machined piece made up. James and others have done so.

I just wanted mine done that way to be 100% secure, due to the weight of the bino barrels I had. I sent mine down to Raymac Engineering in Cambridgeshire. He did a great job. I think he's still a member here.

Andy.

Be aware of the difference between a std 90 degree prism and a amici type. The latter corrects for left/right orientation, but the former corrects just as a mirror diagonal. Just a heads up, as it took me a while before I realised there was a difference between the two. The amici will use up more of the light path than the std prism.

Archived