Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How To Stack Multiple Raw's In Registax 5.1

Hello all

After todays transit I have a whole bag full of images (RAW) taken with my 5ooD and ED80.

I am trying to get a final image of the sun with the path of Venus dotted across it.

In Registax I have selected about 19 images (taken at 20 minutes apart) and then tried to align and stack but it is just not happening for me.

I have tried using the region of interest (around some sunspots) and heaps of others but I am obviously doing something wrong.

Anyone have any similar experience to this who could help me please?

Thanks very much

Jeremy

Using Registax might not work for this. For each photograph you stack there will be 18 others showing Venus in another position. The average of the 19 stacked images may make Venus disappear. You might be able to do this in Startrails and could also create a small animation of the transit using the same program.

http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html

Peter

I second Cornelius' comments on Registax, with such large range of movement of venus over 20mins, the alignment will more than likely fall over, especially if the alignment points are selected near / on venus. At best you might get strange ghost rings around venus.

Maybe you could mask out venus in the images, then stack and align these images then add venus back in later - in photoshop / other package?

Thank you all for the advise. I ended up doing it all is CS5 by copy and paste and then layer masking and rotating the images into place. Not the neatest way but getting there.

Thanks

Jeremy

Archived