Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mount control question

Hi guys/girls

I am sure this question has been asked a few times before but,

what do i need to control my mount from stelerium.

i have.

eq5m synscan

lap-top (usb ports only)

stelarium.

thanks in advance

ken:icon_scratch:

The easiest way to control your mount from Stellerium is to connect the handset ro the laptop using the serial data cable that came with your mount. You will probably also need to purchase a serial/usb adapter if you don't already have one.

Firstly you need to configure Stellerium to contol the mount.

Start Stellerium and press F2 to bring up the configuration window.

Select the plugins tab and then telescope control.

Press the load at startup button and then the configure button.

Press the Add button at the bottom of the pop up and then select the Stellerium directly through a serial port option.

At the side of the pop up is a vertical scroll bar. Scroll this down until you see Device model (this is the telescope mount). Select the Skywatcher version 3 or later option.

Stellerium also needs to know which com port the usb/serial adapter is using, you can find this in the Windows device manager. Put that information in the serial port window. Press the OK button.

Start up the mount and do a normal star alignment and the plug the handset into the laptop using the same usb port and start Stellerium. You should now be able to control your mount from the computer.

Peter

Archived