Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

centering adaptor dent.

rory

i bought a orion cenring adaptor from a buiness seller on e bay. arrived okay. sold as a new item ,but it clearly isnt.

he explained it was a genuine mistake ,and a refund is no problem.

however for the price ,i had an inkling it was s/h anyway so not to bothered to be honest. but theres a small , very tiny dent on the base end ,where the thread is. apart from possibly effecting screwing in 2" filters would a tiny identation effect it in any other way ? viewing ect ?

post-24551-133877781792_thumb.jpg

thanks stephen. im in a dilema in that case, as i currently dont own any filters ,and if and when i do it would probably be 1.25" to fit actual e/p's.

thanks stephen. im in a dilema in that case, as i currently dont own any filters ,and if and when i do it would probably be 1.25" to fit actual e/p's.

That kind of defeats one of the benefits of the SCA though?

You put a 2" filter in the SCA, you don't have to change it from EP to EP :(

I'm sure you will agree from the off the picture sure doesn't show a new adapter so you must have kept an open mind to what condition it was going to arrive in ??? My best advice was as it was listed as new is to approach the seller and see if a partial refund is acceptable as the seller is going to have to cover your postage returning anyway if you do return it. It will not have any effect on the image so it all depends on if you plan to use 2" filters in the future as 2" UHC & OIII filters are expensive and you sure don't want to mar the threads on them. If you only ever plan to use 1.25" filters then I don't see a problem.

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?p=2315624#post2315624

quite agree regarding the photo on the sale. i was hopeing it was taken from another sale. but your right i had a good idea it was s/h.

i think i might be cheeky and see if a partial refund,otherwise i'll send it back and watch for another.

thanks for the input spaceboy.

Archived