Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

keeping the wow factor

I have never been a huge fan of the moon usually it's one more source of light pollution in an urban environment. just another thing to get in the way of the quest for faint fuzzies. Recently I acquired a set of 20x 80 triplet bins they promised minimal ca and distortion on the moon and I have to say they were right. Using 2 eyes on the moon is definitely a different viewing experience ok they don't give the same close detail but you do get a view of the whole moon. With enough detail to still give some wow and a comfortable almost 3d view of some of the mountains and craters. I got these bins because I needed something grab and go no cooldown needed just home from work off and out. some people say bins are no good for lunar work but 20x works just fine so now I have 2 things to look at through the summer, the milky way and the moon nothing spectacular perhaps but enough wow to keep me going till winter.

(Sorry mods please move to binocular observing. I think I have posted in the wrong place.)

• 2 weeks later...

I love loooking at the moon with big bins. It's also the sort of thing that can be done very quickly in the evening, when I'm knackered after work. No thinking, just point the bins up and have a look. I keep a tal tripod by the back door just for this.

Archived