Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

corrector plate

Hi there,

I have a c 9.25 celestron and have noticed some little scratch marks on the corrector plate. They look like little stone chips. I have no idea how they got there as im very carefull with it.

There isnt many and they are not that big.

Will they make much of a difference in the performance of the scope for imaging?

Although I only have a small scope with a corrector plate, I would think the answer to your question would in all probability be no, as these sound to be so small as to make no difference, however, although it won`t interfere with visual, for imaging I think you may need to take some test shots with your camera/web cam to confirm that there is no effect on the final image, you may have a better outcome to your inquiry if you also post in the imaging section of the forum, where members may have come across this problem before :(

John.

Had a few marks on my 10"sct made very little difference to viewing. What did remove most of the dust & grime was Baader wonderfluid & cloth. You might consider using this next time you clean. Just don't clean it too often!!.

Good Luck.

Archived