Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik 16HR - Should it have cooling?

swag72

Thanks Sara :) The 314L result would be very interesting too as that's what I'm thinking of getting eventually when I can save up enough ;)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am always in bed when an imaging run stops, so no chance of any darks then. It's true what Neil says about the ambient temperature over here being higher and so I'm not sure what you'd see Gina with a 1 hour exposure to compare with your 1100D. My ambient isn't going much below 20 degrees, and I'm running the 314L at -7 now. A fairer test would be the 314L at -10 degrees, rather than the 16HR as I've not got a clue how cold that gets, or how to measure it.

For the 16HR you just have to record it against current ambient temerature and assume that whatever the ambient is then the cooled temp is always the same fixed offset from that (I am sure it wouldn´t be completely linear)

I'm sure your cooler is fine but the Peltier actually has nothing to do with the fan. The fan can be working and the Peltier not, though yours clearly is so ne panic pas. I know this to be so because the Peltier died on my 16HR though the fan worked all the time.

Olly

Archived