Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moonlite CR1 Focuser on a Meade SN10 - How Many Spacers ?

I am just about to fit a Moonlie CR1 focuser on my Meade SN10 - Thanks Steve.

Three spacers are provided with the fitting kit. Two inch ones and a half inch one.

In the instruction it says for photography you would not want to fit them all.

I have an ATIK 16HR and ATIK wheel and a canon EOS20d.

I am tempted to leave an inch one out and just fit 1.5 inches.

What are your thoughts ?

Regards

John

Be guided by the original Meade focuser, if it allows you to reach focus then set the Moonlite at the same height or a little lower, then use a focus extender for regular observing.

Once fitted, you are in for a real treat :(

HTH

Be guided by the original Meade focuser, if it allows you to reach focus then set the Moonlite at the same height or a little lower, then use a focus extender for regular observing.

Once fitted, you are in for a real treat :(

HTH

Been hard at it most of the day Today.

Measured the stock Meade focuser with the ATIK 16HR and filter wheel and decided that only an inch spacer was required. Fitted the Focuser and had to file out the hole very slightly for the focuser tube to fit through.

I also fitted a skYwatcher motorfocus by fabricating a bracket. See attached pics.

It reaches focus on a terrestial target a couple of miles away with about three quarters of an inch of further

in focus travel left. I think focusing on stars at infinity would require some further in focus travel, so that should be enough. My DSI pro comes to focus about 2 inches further out, requiring the extension, as does an eyepiece. My EOS20d requires the most in focus, but still comes to focus and I shoulld be able to get a shorter 2 inch eyepiece to T thread adapter.

I have never collimated anything before and played with a cheshire eyepiece, but then tried the laser and found that very easy. The Bob's knobs I ordered directly from Bob did not fit properly. They went in a few turns and went hard, so not quite the right thread. The originals are phillips head though, so not so bad as allen screws. I have only adjusted the 3 screws and have not tweaked the mirror or checked the focuser is absolutly level yet.

I have already carried the gear out and setup for tonight, so here's hoping some nice images to follow.

I have even got some decent colour filters now.

Regards

John

post-13094-133877330331_thumb.jpg

post-13094-133877330337_thumb.jpg

Archived