Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

nearly completed my grab and go set up

Daniel-K

with having the big dob its awesome but i needed something to get my fix for when i got home late after work and pulling the big dob out for 20-30 min is not practical at all, as it take 90 min to cool down so i decided to get a grab and go set up purely to get my astro fix in those small gaps of clear skys in between the clouds. so heres my ED 80 with my new 2" dielectric diagonal and finder weighing in under 4KG :) now i just need a nice alt az mount and im sorted :headbang:

the knife in the pic was to open a box lol

post-18942-13387777477_thumb.jpg

post-18942-133877774778_thumb.jpg

Looks really nice. I was contemplating getting a frac myself and the 90 was appealing but this looks big enough.

Keep us informed on how it performs.

will im dying to get first light but want to wait till i get my mount this is the first scope i have bought brand new and it has that new smell when you take the lens cap off :)

yeah its her b-day at the end of the month so had to get in :) plus going up the lakes on the 2nd of june for the weekend so it will be a good time to test the scope if its clear

Have yet to hear anything bad about these scopes. Some good reviews also. Apperently the optics are top notch.

Soooooooo tempted! would this be better than a cheaper made 90mm? (for astrophotography)

Have yet to hear anything bad about these scopes. Some good reviews also. Apperently the optics are top notch.

Soooooooo tempted! would this be better than a cheaper made 90mm? (for astrophotography)

oh yes by far better then a cheap 90mm the optics are nearly perfect on these just have a look at some of the images other members have taken with this type of scope

scope £277

mount £179

diagonal £50

finder £30

total £536

saving me £103 if i had bought the ds pro outfit ;)

the wife is going to kill me when she gets home :)

better get her a nice b-day prezzie. hers wont be £536 though :D

Archived