Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 needle galaxy (Coma berenices)

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Another test image with my peltier cooled and Baader modded 350D.

This time is NGC4565 made on my back yard in suburban skyes (mag. 4 to 4.5 at best) taken with my 12" GSO newtonian riding an EQ6 on a mini pier, took only 30 min. exposure (10x3 min. @ 800 ISO) before the darn clouds rolled in still quite pleased with the detail i got, this 12" really pulls in quite a good resolution allthough it's limited for sure by the mount accuracy, not bad by all means but could be better :)

I also find out afther some thinking that I had a problem with diferencial flexure, the guide graph was ok but i had some trailing in some frames and also i had to refocus like every ten minutes or so, so i turned my attention the the primary mirror springs, I exchanged the original ones with some heavy duty springs but still not rigid enough to cope with a mirror of this size and weight, so new springs to the rescue, I got them from a bicycle supension fork, cut them to size with a dremmel and replace the springs, I've tried looking at the cap hole in the eyepice and moving the tube from one side to the other i cant see even the slightest movement on the primary...looks good now :headbang:

So here goes the galaxy, one version in color another in BW and another in BW full size (link).

Hope you enjoy,

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2955/ngc4565fullsize.jpg

post-25681-133877773662_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877773676_thumb.jpg

I love the fact that there are two smaller galaxies in the background, this is a fantastic photograph!

Thank you, in the full size version you can see some more but the lp doens't allow for much more...have to try this one on a better sky :)

Greets,

Luís

Archived