Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A little GoTo advice needed please.

I leveled the mount using the onboard spirit level and I aligned the telescope with Castor, Pollux and Mars ok. I tried to look at a few M objects but couldn't really make much out. But when i used the GoTo system to go back to Mars it was quite a way off. Have i missed something or not set it up correctly?

I doubt i was very accurate. I'll try with the 9mm next time i do it. Sure i'll get better with some practice :)

Do i need to align something with North?

Could it be that i've not set the tracking up? I noticed that when i was looking at saturn i had to keep moving it back into veiw.

face your tripod north-ish should be fine for visual and then pick 3 bright stars for the alignment. should do the trick

When you say face the tripod North exactly what do you mean. Are you talking about the arm with the controller on it ? Sorry, I'm a Newbie...

face your tripod north-ish should be fine for visual and then pick 3 bright stars for the alignment. should do the trick
When you say face the tripod North exactly what do you mean. Are you talking about the arm with the controller on it ? Sorry, I'm a Newbie...

For your C8 SE you don't need to as it uses the SkyAlign feature

With SkyAlign, setting up and using a Celestron Computerized Telescope is faster and easier than ever before.

Point your Celestron Telescope at three bright objects in the sky and the telescope tells YOU what the objects are. You do not need to know the names of the stars 's 1/2 you can even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron Sky Align is the easiest method to align a Computerized Celestron Telescope; it's perfect for beginners and provides the convenience and accuracy demanded by experienced users.

Input the date, time and your location (Celestron GPS Telescopes obtain all this information automatically) and then point the telescope at three bright stars of your choosing. There is no need to point your Celestron Telescope north or to level the optical tube as in previous alignment methods. The initial position of the telescope is irrelevant. This makes for a fast and very easy method for aligning Celestron Go To Telescope.

Archived