Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help - Single Axis Motor Drive CG-3

Hello,

Hope someone can assit me - Ive got a Celestron FS 114EQ on a CG-3 mount and a friend from the US sent me the above axis motor drive (#93515)

I am having problems connecting it to my mount though, as you can see from the attached picture if I attach the drive unit the to mounting pin on the scope, and the drive wheel on the RA wheel there is a metal pin that obstructs its movement and if this is placed through on of the holes on the RA wheel then it wont be able to turn.

Anyone else have this setup and can offer some guidence?

Cheers

Keith

post-13744-13387732995_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Its def the right model - I have checked, double checked and triple checked, also emailed Celestron US and UK who also confirm its the right one. I asked he question is there was an difference between US and UK mounts/drives and they said no - so I'm stumped!!! :?

It looks right Keith... :?

That chrome post if I remember correctly is what that cam lever presses against

under the pressure of the spring.

Move the cam and it lifts the motor cog off the RA gear..

Nothing goes through the four holes of the RA gear wheel

Have a head scratch and try again :(

Ill have another look, look at these two pics both of the same device. Mine is he motor1 picture motor2 is the one sold by David Hinds, Celeston UK. Both are the same Celestron model number #93515 and accoring to David Hinds and Celeston US there is not difference!!!

post-13744-133877329955_thumb.jpg

post-13744-133877329958_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for all you assitance with and just to keep you posted on had an email back from Celeston US today:

Keith,

It looks as if you have an older mount. Unfortunately there is no compatibility between this mount and your motor. I believe that the mount you have may have been a special model specifically for the UK. It is a model I was unaware of until recently as we never sold it domestically.

Please see the attached picture of the most recent CG-3 mount. You may wish to contact David Hinds, Ltd. for any replacement parts or further assistance.

Thank you,

Celestron Technical Services

Looking at the picture they sent me - my mount is totally different, so look like the standard method wont work, however never fail using my brut force and determination I have "modified" the mount and not it fits and works - to a degree :D

Archived