NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally worth it.

Ok let me begin by saying that though I've always marvelled at the night sky, it is only recently that I took the plunge and purchased a telescope.

It was only in March that I purchased a Sky-Watcher Explorer 130P supatrak for around £220, and to say the least I was like a child with a new toy, and then April hit with a vengeance! :icon_scratch: And since then I have questioned my decision in whether my purchase of a new telescope was a correct decision given the current economic climate and the proverbial tightening of our belts.

And then tonight I managed, finally after a long evening of cursing the clouds above me, to get my telescope out and do some viewing. Now as I said I'm no veteran, or even an intermediate, heck I'd be dubious to call myself a novice. But after observing Vega and the surrounding area of stars all I can say is "Oh. My. God!!".

I now feel confident in saying I get it, I understand why someone would spend all night in the cold, fighting the tiredness that is inherent with our hobby. No longer do I question my purchase, no longer do I consider selling my telescope, instead now I find myself thinking of what my next addition can be :clouds2: so to those newbies like myself, stick with it, be patient and you'll be amazed with what the sky will reveal to you.

Jeremy

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Hi Jeremy

Did you take a look at Saturn just stunning tonight

have you down loaded stellarium and it's free to help you round the night sky

looking at that you will easy find Saturn once seen totally hooked

clear skies

Doug

PS you can down load it on to your Galaxy S2 as I did on my Apple Iphone 4s

enjoy! just in now. Great night. Great hobby. .....Short night...have to get up in the relatively near future, but worth it. Its the start of a beautiful journey

@Doug I didn't manage to see Saturn, unfortunately it'd dropped behind my house along with Mars but if its clear tonight both shall be on my list. I have got stellar on my laptop but didn't know you could get it for your phone, I've been using Redeye and Google sky map (as well as TL@O), ill have to Google that bad boy. Thank you.

@Bart it is a a journey I am now really looking forward too :clouds2:

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Archived