Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cliff's monocular project 30 x :)

Just thought i'd share somet i have created

Using 8 x 21 monocular that was broken in half

and found 30 x eye piece from some cheap EDF kids telescope.

some bit of adapter from another cheap protocol kids telescope fitted them all together made monocular give some kind wide zoomed view quite cool

maybe idea for A-focal wide view imaging from it put cam to eye piece sometime maybe one day as view is very clear.

30%20x%20monucular.jpg

quick test through me mobile turns stuff upside down like newt

mobileview.jpg

Not making stuff out of DIY junk stuff's

The monocular works pretty cool will have to try it on night sky.

I fear that with just 21mm of aperture, you will be disappointed with anything but a full moon. I don't get on with binoculars as I see double so I tend to make monoculars instead.

The 30X written on the eyepiece will refer to the magnification resulting on the original telescope, on your monocular modification it will probably be much less. :clouds2:

Was interesting eye piece dont have that telescope no more was EDF Telescope had 20x , 30x and even 40x eye piece

i some how kept 30x wish kept 40 x wounder what that would been like :icon_scratch:

Archived